In order to participate in the TIPS Fellowship Program, the following requirements must be met:
- Maintenance of better-than-average clinical competence evaluations.
- Creation of a mentoring committee composed of the mentor, one member of the O & S Committee, and one or two additional Vanderbilt faculty members with expertise in the area of research.
- Mentorship commitee must meet at the nine-month and 18-month periods to assess progress and advise on independant grant submission.
- Independant grant should be submitted no later than the end of the two-year training period, but ideally before that time.
- Mandatory attendance to Responsible Conduct of Research training meetings, including the provision of records of their attendance.
- Fellow must provide progress report to the O & S Committee at 11 months and at 23 months.
- Mandatory participation in a monthly BH Robbins seminar series that covers a broad range of research topics including but not limited to ongoing research in the department, available resources for research at Vanderbilt and topics fundamental to design and conduct of research-mentorship, basic statistics, navigating the IRB, medical writing, grant writing, public speaking etc. Attendance of greater than 75% is expected.
- Attendance and participation in the Department of Anesthesiology Annual Research Symposium.