For more information on this core visit the Mass Spectrometry website.
- Identification of oxidized lipids by GC/MS
- Proteomics for identification and characterization of proteins by MudPIT and LC-MS/MS techniques
- Determination of postranslational modifications of proteins & peptides by ESI/LC/MS & MALDI/TOF
- Quantification of protein expression by LC-MS/MS
- Quantification of micronutrients in physiologic fluids by GC/MS and ESI/LC/MS
- Development of novel analytical methods using mass spectrometry
- Interpretation & analysis of mass spectrometry data
- Education & training in mass spectrometry principles & operation
This Core provides cost effective, state of the art instrumentation to members for structural analysis of biological molecules and for qualitative and quantitative assays of nutrients and metabolites in physiologic fluids.