The healthcare environment is in a constant state of growth and change. Educational experiences are: planned to maximize opportunities in the marketplace, updated annually based on feedback from preceptors and interns, and promote flexibility of job ready skills in a variety of practice settings.
- Rotation experiences are offered on the Vanderbilt campus and in the surrounding communities.
- Over 60+ preceptors and mentors support a diverse training network of rotations in both traditional and nontraditional practice settings.
- Learning experiences are scheduled 5 days per week and include some weekends and holidays. Assigned times for daily activities vary and will include some early morning and late evening hours.
- Formal classes are usually scheduled 2 days per month.
- Computer, printer and internet access are required to complete projects and assignments outside of the practice setting
Rotation Readiness is a 6 week comprehensive orientation to rotation experiences at program startup. Lectures, discussions, site visits, medical center and campus tours, and interactive mini-workshops lay the ground work for rotations in: