- The Dietetic Internship Program at Vanderbilt University Medical Center uses the on-line centralized internship application, referred to as DICAS.
- Sixteen interns are selected for the 10 month – 44 week program – which typically runs from August to June.
- Applications are reviewed by a selection committee which includes internship faculty, preceptors and current interns.
- Applicants may write to or call the director to discuss any conditions that might involve special accommodations; however, this is not a requirement for admission and will not be considered in the selection process.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the facility or call the internship staff to discuss the program. However, information from these visits is not used to select applicants, nor is preference given to candidates who choose to visit.
- Appointments are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service, or genetic information. Marital status, age and geographic area of the applicant are not considered.
There are three steps to complete the application process:
- DICAS Online
- Supplemental Vanderbilt Application
- D & D Digital Computer Matching
To assist you in this process, print out the Admissions Checklist & Dates to keep you on track.
Step 1: DICAS
DICAS can be accessed at the https://portal.dicas.org (NOTE: The DICAS portal will not be available until after December 1, 2013 for the 2014 Spring Match)
E-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The online application MUST be completed by 11:59 pm (CDT) on February 15, 2014.
The fee to DICAS is $40 for the 1st application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
On the DICAS application – applicants will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the profession of dietetics?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Why are you a good fit for the VUMC dietetic internship?
- What contribution will you make to VUMC and the community at large, during your internship?
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS – Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
When completing the application form, you must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line.
Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
Step 2: Supplemental Application
Complete the Supplemental Application form along with a $50 check made payable to the VUMC Dietetic Internship. This fee is non-refundable.
Mail the form to:Medical Center Drive, B-802 TVC
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Elizabeth W. Robinson, MEd, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Director
Nashville, TN 37232-5510
Postmark date on the Supplemental Application Form must be on or before February 15, 2014.
Step 3: D&D Digital
Register online for computer matching and select your dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2014. There is a $50 computer matching fee to D & D Digital payable when your priority choices are identified.
D & D Digital Systems
304 Main Street
Ames, IA 500100
(515) 292-0490 or firstname.lastname@example.org