Prior to actual travel:
Please complete the green Travel Report Form and return it to the MP&B Administrative Office. Make sure to fill out all information in the top area and indicate the Center Number to be charged.You should also sign your name at the bottom, and (unless you are Senior Faculty) have your PI sign their approval before returning it to our office.
*Please note* Disbursement Services requires original ITEMIZED receipts in order to process reimbursements***
When you return:
Please provide original ITEMIZED receipts for all food purchases, transportation, lodging, and registration fees within 5 days upon your return. Here are some tips:
- Receipts must be neatly taped to an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper (do not use staples or paper clips).
- Please group the receipts according to date order. Make sure that the receipts are easy to read and do not overlap.
- Alcohol is not covered as a travel expense. If you have an alcoholic drink please indicate on your receipts so that the amount can be subtracted from the total.
- If for any reason you do not have the originals, please submit a written explanation and include the purchase price, date, and your signature.
- It is important that we receive your receipts promptly after your return.
**As an FYI: the easier it is to read and understand your receipts, the faster you will receive your reimbursement**
Your reimbursement check will be placed in your PI’s Lab “in-box” in the MP&B Administrative Office. If you do not receive a check within two weeks from the date your receipts were submitted, please contact Chris Lindsey at 343-3559 or by email at chris.lindsey@Vanderbilt.Edu.