Some other things I have found that improve my sleep:
- Have a regular sleep schedule and stick to it!
- Exercise, as long as it’s not within a couple hours of bed.
- Electric blankets, these are especially awesome on feverish nights when I have chills.
- Avoid naps. Sometimes, when I crash, there is no way to avoid sleeping, it is just going to happen. But in general, my overall quality of life is much better since I have dramatically reduced my napping.
- Putting a pillow under my ankles or letting my feet hang off the end of the bed really helps when my legs are aching.