The Administrative Core provides the scientific leadership, organizational structure, and staff support that allow CFAR scientists to maximize their scientific potential through productive, multidisciplinary collaborations. This Core facilitates communication and fosters collaborations among Center members and with the external community. It ensures sound fiscal management and accountability of all Center activities, including Developmental Core Award funds. The Administrative Core oversees all Core facilities so that they are utilized in a cost efficient manner that serves the research needs of participating members. It establishes educational programs including an annual symposium, and ensures the development of emerging scientific areas and technologies relevant to AIDS research.
Gina M. Perez, Ph.D.
- Financial management of the CFAR grant and related operational and personnel management
- Strategic and operational planning for HIV/AIDS research
- Organization and coordination of the CFAR Steering and Advisory Committees
- Communication and external relations
- Development and maintenance of the Vanderbilt Meharry CFAR web site
- All CFAR policy and program decisions
- Regular assessment of HIV research needs and outcomes
- Reports to NIH
Please contact the Administrative Core Leadership to discuss the above responsibilities. We are eager to hear your ideas about additional core responsibilities/services not listed here that can help your research.