Emphasis in Community Health
The Center for Health Services is home to the Vanderbilt School of Medicine’s Emphasis in Community Health Initiatives and Outreach. Coursework and practicums address:
· Health risks and disease among underserved populations;
· Obstacles to health care for the underserved;
· Socio-cultural, historical, and medical aspects of care for underserved populations;
· Principles, approaches, and skills of medical providers to underserved communities;
· Skills and strategies to mobilize parents towards positive health behaviors;
· Diagnosis of and response to community care needs.