Half Day Retreat Information for Retiring Faculty Members at VUMC
1. Charlene M. Dewey, MD, Chair
2. W. Anderson Spickard, Jr., MD
3. Jeanette Norden, PhD
4. Reid Finlayson, MD
5. Roy Elam, MD
Goal: To provide faculty, nearing retirement, information on key issues to consider before retiring from academic medicine
Objectives: Participants in the session will
- Reflect on the four “must cover” items of retirement planning.
- Complete an action plan addressing the four “must cover” items of retirement.
- Identify gaps in their knowledge regarding retirement planning and develop a plan for addressing these gaps.
2. Andy’s Story: Sharing and Reflecting on Retirement
3. Keynote Address: Jeanette Norden, Ph.D. “The Healthy Brain: What Money and Insurance Can’t Buy!”
4. Breakout Sessions: (repeated) Discussion on Social Security
5. Reflections and individual action plans
6. Closing remarks and instructions
1. Charlene Dewey, M.D.
2. Reid Finlayson, M.D.
Faculty and Physician Wellness Committee/Center for Professional Health
Course Director - Charlene Dewey
Course Administrator - Diana Phillips
Funding provided by the Center for Professional Health
· Vanderbilt Credit Union - Bill Rochford
· Financial Advisors: TIAA CREF, Fidelity, Vanguard, VALIC