Program for Distressed Physicians©
- Teach new skills in the recognition and expression of emotions that lead to disruptive behavior.
- Provide a syllabus of selected readings and resources for the distressed physician.
- Teach the range of disruptive behaviors.
- Provide strategies for the prevention of inappropriate behavior.
- Provide follow-up and support in maintaining behavior changes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the course based on feedback from the workplace monitoring system.
After participating in this CME activity, participants should be able to:
- Assess personal potential for disruptive behavior
- Recognize the potential for disruptive behavior in professional settings
- Avoid circumstances that contribute to disruptive behavior in professional settings