The application deadline is May 31, 2013. Interviews for invited applicants are tentatively scheduled for June 28, 2013. The program will start November 2013. Correspondence regarding application and admission procedures should be addressed to Ms. Peggy Wilson, Education Specialist (email@example.com).
NOTICE: If you have already matched, accepted a position or committed to any postgraduate dental program for 2013-2014, your application WILL NOT be considered.
Please submit the following documents directly to the Division of Orthodontics as soon as possible. Official transcripts and letters of references MUST come directly from the institutions or the individuals submitting the letter of reference. Applicants must be a graduate of an ADA accredited dental school.
• 2013 Vanderbilt GME Orthodontic Residency Application (2013 Orthodontic Application.pdf)
• Official Dental School Academic Transcript
• Official NBDE Score Report (if pass/fail, please submit Official DAT Score Report)
• Official GRE Score Report (if available, not required)
• Five dental school letters of recommendations Dean (1), Restorative faculty (3), Oral Surgery/ Periodontic/Orthodontic/Endodontic faculty (1)
• GPR or AEGD trained applicants. Request letter of recommendation from GPR/AEGD director
• Optional: Letter of recommendation (maximum 2) from non-dental school sources
• Curriculum vitae (not to exceed 2 pages in 11 point Arial or Times New Roman font)
• Personal Statement Essay (not to exceed 1 page in 11 point Arial or Times New Roman font)
• Current passport-style photo
• Application fee ($225)
All applications are reviewed by the faculty. Using the criteria below, the faculty will determine which applicants are most likely to complete the program with integrity, collegiality, productivity and high achievement. These applicants will be contacted following the application deadline for an interview. Following interviews, three residents will be selected to start the residency November 2013.
• Dental class standing/class rank
• History of academic achievement, integrity and ethical behavior
• NBDE/GRE score(s)
• Clinical practice history (GPR, AEGD, practice experience)
• Letters of recommendations
Candidates selected for an interview are invited to visit the program to meet and interact with faculty, staff and residents on the interview date. Daily clinical and didactic activities are limited during this time so that the primary focus is on the candidates. Due to privacy concerns, VUMC policy and limitations on time and space -- visits are limited to invited candidates.