Application deadline for the class beginning in fall 2016 is March 31, 2016.
Class days are Monday - Friday from 8am until 3pm for this 18 month program. The program is provided to all qualified persons, without discrimination with respect to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
In January 2013, ABRET published new eligibility pathways for the EEG registry. Therefore, we are able to accept applicants who are high school graduates. A college degree is not necessary but a strong background in the sciences is encouraged.
Articulation agreements with two community colleges enables students to pursue a degree if desired. Please call the program director for more information on the degree pathway.
To meet the technical standards, applicants for the program must have adequate sight to read computer and analog recordings, adequate hearing to be able to communicate with patients and healthcare staff and sufficient manual dexterity to perform procedures safely with accuracy and precision.
Criteria for Admission:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma and are encouraged to have one year of college with a concentration in the sciences
- Completed application, with non-refundable $35 application fee
- Official transcripts from institutions of higher learning
- Three letters of recommendation from employers or instructors
- Interview with the program director to discuss eligibility
- Interview with a panel which will include the program director, medical director, one of the allied health program directors, and one of the neurodiagnostic supervisors
After acceptance into the program:
- Physical from personal physician and up to date immunization record (see below)
- Evidence of health insurance
- Background check
HEALTH RECORDS AND IMMUNIZATIONS
Upon acceptance, students must provide written documentation of the following:
- Two (2) negative TB skin tests within the past 12 months with the most recent being within the past three (3) months. If history of a positive skin test is present, a chest x-ray within the past 6 months will be necessary.
- If born on or after January 1, 1957: two (2) live measles vaccinations after the 1st birthday at least one month apart OR MMR vaccination since 1989 OR laboratory evidence of immunity to rubella.
- Laboratory evidence of MMR vaccination or immunity to rubella
- Laboratory evidence of MMR vaccination or immunity to mumps
- Laboratory evidence of immunity to varicella (chickenpox) or immunization series
- Hepatitis B immunization (series of 3 injections), immunization series in progress or informed refusal of immunization
- Tetanus/Diptheria booster within the past 10 years is recommended, but not required