New EVS Employees
New Hire Orientation
What is New Hire Orientation?
First of all...Welcome to our EVS Team. We look forward to partnering with you to bring our best to the table. You were hired because of your character and your commitment to work hard and make a significant contribution to our common goals. As you begin your new job, there will be a lot for you to learn. Our processes and "systems" in EVS are proven, necessary, and efficient. We expect that you will learn those processes and work hard to succeed with each of them. Remember that we are always here to help - and we know you will do your part to make our team succeed each day.
All new EVS Staff must undergo a series of training sessions, both with Vanderbilt Medical Center, and with Environmental Services. The Vanderbilt Medical Center orientation is a 2-day event that covers a host of required topics and compliance/safety issues.
The internal EVS Orientation also covers a with range of subject matter, both operational and safety-related. Our internal Orientation is a one-day event, but you will then be partnered with a mentor who will work with you until you are ready to work independently.
A list of some of the training topics for EVS Orientation include:
- Elevate - It's Who We Are
- Ask and Listen - effective communications
- Fire Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Hand Hygiene
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Credo and H-E-A-R-T...excellent customer service
- Job Descriptions
- Service Agreements
- Effective Communications
What to Bring to EVS New Hire Orientation:
- Come prepared to focus and learn.
- Wear appropriate attire, i.e., no hats, no drooping clothes, no halter tops or t-shirts.
- Bring enough money for lunch or your own lunch from home
- Bring a lot of questions and an attitude of "care-giving service"