Campaign toward Excellence
What is our "Campaign toward Excellence?"
The EVS "Campaign toward Excellence" is an initiative that addresses the appropriate culture for our important work. In other words...who are we, and is "that" in keeping with the VUMC Credo expectations for excellent service in patient care?
What we have learned is that our culture historically has not necessarily met those important expectations at the levels needed, and we have needed a "change" in our way of doing business with one another and our customers.
How have we done this? We have changed many things in EVS lately. Some of the following are specific and exciting things that have prepared us for excellence:
- A complete renovation of the EVS Office and Storage Areas - a new fresh face on EVS
- New motivational posters that have the "faces" of our staff - showing the real passion and commitment of our staff
- New Uniforms and clear expectations on our Uniform Policy
- New language that supports the "Campaign toward Excellence"
- More efficient communication - both internally and externally
- More measurement for staff - both with expenses and equipment, but more importantly; with quality measurement
- New Leadership Development and Training initiatives
- Staff Recognition initiatives
- Increased awareness around new hires and setting clear expectations on the front end - to enhance employee quality, retention, and reducing turnover
- And many more initiatives that support our campaign