Brian Chauder, Ph.D. is a Research Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and a medicinal chemist in the Fesik lab for cancer drug discovery. He has over 11 years of experience in drug discovery at GSK and Vanderibilt University Medical Center. His work has been involved with all aspects of drug discovery from very early stage hit-to-lead analysis to later stage development candidate selection. Brian has expertize on a number of therapeutic targets including kinases, GPCR’s and ion channels, with application to a number of diseases including diabetes, obesity, HIV, CNS disorders, and cancer.
- Karen J. Gregory, Meredith J. Noetzel, Jerri M. Rook, Paige N. Vinson, Shaun R. Stauffer, Alice L. Rodriguez, Kyle A. Emmitte, Ya Zhou, Aspen C. Chun, Andrew S. Felts, Brian A. Chauder, Craig W. Lindsley, Colleen M. Niswender, and P. Jeffrey Conn. “Investigating Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 Allosteric Modulator Cooperativity, Affinity, and Agonism: Enriching Structure-Function Studies and Structure-Activity Relationships” Mol. Pharmacol. 2012, 82, 860-875.
- Ralf Mueller, Eric S. Dawson, Jens Meiler, Alice L. Rodriguez, Brian A. Chauder, Brittney S. Bates, Andrew S. Felts, Jeffrey P. Lamb, Usha N. Menon, Sataywan B. Jadhav, Alexander S. Kane, Carrie K. Jones, Karen J. Gregory, Colleen M. Niswender, P. Jeffrey Conn, Christopher M. Olsen, Danny G. Winder, Kyle A. Emmitte and Craig W. Lindsley. “Discovery of (2-(2-Benzoxazoyl amino)-4-Aryl-5-Cyanopyrimidine mGlu5 NAMs: From Artificial Neural Network Virtual Screen to in vivo Tool Compound” Chem. Med. Chem. 2012, 7, 406-414.
- Melancon, Bruce J.; Gogliotti, Rocco D.; Tarr, James C.; Saleh, Sam A.; Chauder, Brian A.; Lebois, Evan P.; Cho, Hyekyung P.; Utley, Thomas J.; Sheffler, Douglas J.; Bridges, Thomas M.; Morrison, Ryan D.; Daniels, J. Scott; Niswender, Colleen M.; Conn, P. Jeffrey; Lindsley, Craig W.; Wood, Michael R. “Continued Optimization of the MLPCN Probe ML071 into Highly Potent Agonists of the hM1 Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor” Biorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2012, 22(10), 3467-3472.
- Wieslaw M. Kazmierski, Don L. Anderson, Christopher Aquino, Brian A. Chauder, Maosheng Duan, Robert Ferris, Terrence Kenakin, Cecilia S. Koble, Dan G. Lang, Maggie S Mcintyre, Jennifer Peckham, Christian Watson, Pat Wheelan, Andrew Spaltenstein, Mary B. Wire, Angilique Svolto, and Michael Youngman. “Novel 4,4-Disubstituted Piperidine-Based C-C Chemokine Receptor-5 Inhibitors with High Potency against Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 and an Improved human Ether-a-go-go Related Gene (hERG) Profile” J. Med. Chem. 2011, 54, 3756-3767.
- Gautam Bhave, Brian A. Chauder, Wen Liu, Eric S. Dawson, Rishin Kadakia, Thuy, T. Nguyen, L. Michelle Lewis, Jens Meiler, C. David Weaver, Lisa M. Satlin, Craig W. Lindsley, and Jerod S. Denton. “Development of a Selective Small-Molecule Inhibitor of Kir1.1, the Renal Outer Medullary Potassium Channel” Mol. Pharmacol. 2011, 79, 42-50.
- Gautam Bhave, Daniel Lonergan, Brian A. Chauder and Jerod S. Denton. “Small-Molecule Modulators of Inward Rectifier Potassium Channels: Recent Advances and Future Possibilities.” Future Med. Chem. 2010, 2, 757-774.