The Frontline Leadership Academy is a partnership between Vanderbilt University Medical Center and the Advisory Board Company. The program is designed to harness the innovation and leadership of frontline staff by providing them with the skills, opportunity, and confidence to implement improvement ideas. Participants emerge from the experience as confident, engaged, productive frontline leaders willing and able to take on new challenges.
Across the 9 month program, participants:
- Attend a series of four (all day) intensive learning sessions to support their work on performance improvement projects that yield measurable results. .
- Are assigned to a team that will work with a Vanderbilt coach who will guide their progress on a project identified by the participant.
- At the end of the program, the participants report on their project work and their learning from the program.
- Equip participants with the skills required to plan and execute projects that improve the areas in which they work and the organization as a whole.
- Drive measurable improvement by supporting participants as they identify, implement, and report on the outcome of a project.
- Provide a framework for problem solving, teamwork, coaching, and influence that will empower them to more successfully and independently tackle future projects and challenges.