The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology presents Dr. Irene Coin, Leipzig University: "Ligand Binding Paths on G-Protein Coupled Receptors Revealed by Genetically Encoded Chemical Probes"
Key Lecture Points:
· Investigating structural elements of G-Protein Coupled Receptors (GPCRs) in the live cell
· Genetic incorporation of non-canonical amino acids into GPCRs
· Photo-crosslinking mapping of ligand binding sites on GPCRs
· Novel bio-orthogonal chemistry to pin point ligand-receptor interactions
· Ligand binding paths in the transmembrane domain of class B GPCRs