On Friday mornings, we have Grand Rounds in 208 Light Hall from 7:00 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. The Residents’ Teaching Conference will follow at 8:10 a.m. to 8:55 a.m., in the same room (208 Light Hall). You are welcome to spend the day on campus with our residents. When the Resident Teaching Conference concludes, Dr. Tarpley or Dr. Terhune will pair you with our Residents.
Friday night from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. there will be a gathering of Candidates and Residents. You can chat with the Residents and get the scoop to supplement Saturday morning’s program presentation. Your guests and/or children are welcome. If you arrive later than 6:00 p.m., it is still okay to join us for the gathering. Someone will be around until 8:00 p.m.
On Saturday there will be breakfast snacks, fruit, and coffee ready for you when you arrive between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m. Dr. Tarpley likes to begin the program promptly at 7:30 a.m. The parking garages are an approximate five minute walk from the interview sites and Vanderbilt is a big place. If you get lost on campus, it is fine to page Dr. Tarpley. His pager number is provided in the interview invitation letter. He does not mind and would rather hear from you than wonder where you are. The welcomes, program presentation, and interviews will commence at 7:30 a.m. The interview process, which includes a luncheon, will conclude by 2:00 p.m.
• After you park, exit the garage on 24th Avenue.
• Walk down Children's Way and turn left between South Garage and Children's Hospital.
• The next street you will come to is Pierce Avenue. The Eye Institute and the Cancer Center will be on the corners. Cross Pierce Avenue.
• You will be walking between the Nashville VA and a loading dock area. You will see a sky bridge connecting the VA to Light Hall.
• Light Hall will be on your right. You can enter through the doors under the sky bridge.
• Walk straight through Light Hall to a brick courtyard. Turn left and your will pass Au Bon Pain Cafe on your right. Eskind Medical Library will be ahead of you on your left.
• Medical Center North (MCN) will be the building in front of you.
• Use the MCN entrance across from the Eskind Medical Library.
• This entrance puts you on the 2nd floor (kind of confusing), and to your left is "D" corridor.
• Signs will be posted.
• Walk down to the end of "D" corridor.
•Elevator (#8) is to your right, door with entrance to stairs are on left.
•Go to the 5th floor.
•Blalock Conference Room (D-5245) is to your right, immediately off the elevator (to right) or to the left if you have taken the stairs.