1. Click on the Wireless icon located on the bottom right hand corner of the toolbar
2. When you click on this, it will open up a window displaying networks that are currently available.
3. Click on Open Network & Sharing Center.
4. Click on Setup a Connection or Network
5. Click on Manually Connect to a Wireless Network and click "Next"
6. Enter the Network Name: "vummiv"
7. Security Type " No authentication (Open)"
8. Encryption Type: as "None"
9. Select both check boxes to 'Start this connection automatically' and 'Connect even if the network is not broadcasting'
10. Click Next
11. Close the connection wizard and if you are in range, you should now be connected
1. Click 'Start'
2. Click 'Connect To'
3. Choose 'Setup a connection or network'
4. Select 'Manually connect to a wireless network', and then click 'Next'
5. In the 'Network Name" field, enter 'vummiv'
6. Under 'Security Type', choose 'No authentication (open)'
7. Select both check boxes to 'Start this connection automatically' and 'Connect even if the network is not broadcasting'
8. After receiving the 'Successfully added vummiv' message, click 'Connect To'
9. Click on 'vummiv' and the machine should now be able to access the wireless network.
1. Right-click the Wireless Connection icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. Choose 'View Available Wireless Networks'
3. Click 'Change Advanced Settings' in the lower left area of the page.
4. On the 'Wireless Networks' tab, click 'Add...'.
5. Type 'vummiv' in the SSID textbox.
For "Data encryption" choose "Disabled" and for "Network Authentication" choose "Open".
Click on "OK".
6. Check the check box to "connect even if the network is not broadcasting".
7. Click "OK" and close the network properties windows.
7. You should now be able to access the wireless network.
1. Click on the Settings icon
2. Click on the Wi-Fi icon and make sure that Wi-Fi is set to the “ON” position
3. On the Wi-Fi page, under the section “Choose a Network”, select “Other”
4. Under the “Name” field, type “vummiv”
5. Under the “Security” field, select “None”
6. Click "Join"
1. Click on the WiFi icon located in the top corner of the screen
2. Make sure that Airport is set to "On"
3. Click on “Join Other Network”
4. Under the Preferred Network box, type "vummiv" and click “Join”