BRAIN TUMOR CLINICAL TRIALS
Adult Brain Tumor Trials:
- Phase III study comparing three cycles of BCNU/Cisplatin followed by radiation therapy with radiation therapy and concurrent BCNU for patients with newly diagnosed supratentorial glioblastoma (ECOG 2394).
- Phase III randomized study of SU101 versus procarbazine for patients with glioblastoma in first relapse (IN NEU 9805).
- Phase III intergroup randomized comparison of radiation alone vs pre-radiation chemotherapy for pure and mixed anaplastic oligodendrogliomas (RTOG 9402).
- Phase II trial of preradiation multiagent chemotherapy for adults with "poor-risk" medulloblastoma, PNET, and disseminated ependymoma (ECOG 4397).
Metastatic Brain Tumors:
- Phase III randomized trial of Gadolinium Texaphyrin injection as a radiation sensitizer in patients receiving whole brain radiation therapy for the treatment of brain metastases (IN NEU 9843).
- Phase III trial comparing whole brain irradiaiton with versus without stereotactic radiosurgery boost for patients with one to three unresected brain metastases (RTOG NEU 9508).
- Randomized clinical study to determine the efficacy and safety of DepoFoam encapsulated Cytarabine relative to standard therapy for the treatment of neoplastic meningitis in patients with leukemia, lymphoma, or solid tumors (VCC CNS 3).
- Phase IV multicenter clinical study of DepoFoam encapsulated Cytarabine in the treatment of neoplstic meningitis in patients with solid tumors, including primary brain tumors (VCC CNS 4).
Pediatric Brain Tumor Trials:
- Phase I dossage escalation study of Topotecan in combination chemotherapy for high risk pediatric brain cancer (IN PED 9701).
- Phase II alternating chemotherapy and radiotherapy with peripheral stem cell harvesting for high risk malignant gliomas of childhood (VCC PNO 7244).
- Phase II intensive chemotherapy and hyperfractionated radiotherapy for newly diagnosed malignant brain tumors of childhood (VU PBT I.005).
- A case-control study of primitive neuroectodermal tumors of the brain in young children (CCG E21).
- Phase II study of Temodal in children and adolescents with recurrent central nervous system tumors (CCG AO9701).
For questions regarding clinical protocols call:
Ms. Ester Mitchell
Phone (615) 936-0216
Fax (615) 936-0223