Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Patient Care Emphasis
All areas of pediatric surgery, with emphasis in laparoscopic surgical techniques, including single incision pediatric endosurgery.
- M.P.H., Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2006
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2001
- B.S., Chemistry, Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois, 1997
- Chief Resident, Pediatric Surgery, The Children’s Hospital of Alabama/UAB, Birmingham, Alabama, 2009-10, and 2008-09
- Chief Resident, General Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2007-08
- Resident in Research, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2004-06
- Resident in General Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2001-04
Additional Areas of Interest
Global surgery and the burden of surgical disease in low- and middle-income countries.
View Dr. Hansen’s publications on PubMed.
Dr. Hansen's CV
is available in PDF format.
Monroe Carell Jr., Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
2200 Children’s Way
Doctor’s Office Tower, Suite 7100
Nashville, TN 37232
Phone: (615) 936-1050
Fax: (615) 936-1046