All visitors must be one of the following:
- College student enrolled in a healthcare related program.
- Medical student.
- Nursing student.
- Research student / staff participating in related research.
- VUMC patient care providers.
- High school students only if participating in a VUMC sponsored program.
- Complete orientation and health screening information located on the VUMC Observational Experience website. Click here. (VUMC photo visitor badge is issued by Service Excellence Coaching and Consulting after the requirements are met).
- Obtain permission and approval from your OR Sponsor. Click here to print the Visitors Permission Form.
- View the Perioperative "Visitor Guide to the OR" presentation. Click here to launch the presentation.
- If you are required to scrub in on the procedure, you must schedule a scrub class by contacting Derrick Mclean at email@example.com. You will be issued a sticker at the end of the class that authorizes you for this role.
All visitors to the OR must adhere to these established guidelines to ensure patient safety, patient privacy, and visitor safety.
Click here to view the helpful tips for your OR experience.
For questions regarding observing in the OR, please contact Michelle Stallings at firstname.lastname@example.org