All leaders serving VUMC are eligible with the exception of executive leadership* guided by the following criteria:
- Nominees in a leadership position for at least one year.
- Nominees must be in good standing and nominations must be supported by “one up” leader.
- Nominations may be made by any faculty or staff member. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominees must demonstrate consistent practices that impact success across the five pillars and demonstrate consistent Credo behavior.
Supporting documentation may include:
- Illustrative stories and specific examples
- Community Survey results
- Turnover and retention rates
- Patient Satisfaction data
- Quality data
- Research awards
- Financial performance data
- Innovative implementations that improve performance
- Departmental / interdepartmental survey data
- Recognition data
- Demonstration of the Credo Behaviors
*Executive Leader Eligibility - Senior leaders reporting directly to the President and CEO or Deputy CEO are not eligible.