Evaluation of a resident’s understanding of a specific topic will be reviewed (in part) at the time of the operation during resident-faculty interaction. Feedback will be verbal and immediate.
At the end of each rotation, residents will be evaluated by faculty, in writing, based upon the programs goals and objectives and ACGME core competencies. Additional evaluations will be conducted by the faculty to measure each resident's operative skill performance.
Residents, in turn, will evaluate faculty’s teaching and education efforts. They will also evaluate each rotation at its conclusion.
Questions or comments can be directed to Karen Kennedy, Resident Program Coordinator at (615) 343-2951 or to Dr. Putnam, Program Director at (615) 343-9202.
Learner Objectives will be taught through:
Evaluation instruments include:
Program Core Competencies
1. Patient Care - OP Skills
2. Medical Knowledge - Didactic Skills
3. Practice-Based Learning & Improvement - Practice Management & Improvement PMI/QI Conferences
4. Interpersonal & Communication Skills - Demonstrated by Faculty, Observed by Resident, Practiced by Resident, Evaluated by Faculty, Daily Feedback as Needed
5. Professionalism - Demonstrated by Faculty, Observed by Resident, Practiced by Resident, Evaluated by Faculty, Daily Feedback as Needed
6. Systems-Based Practice - Patient Mgmt Pre-Op Conf
Operative Skill Evaluation for Thoracic Residents
Patient Care / OP Skills
Practice-Based Learning & Improvement
Interpersonal & Communication Skills