· This training includes oxygen administration, basic airway positioning, airway adjuncts, and patient management up until—but not including—endotracheal intubation. Skills practiced include head-tilt/chin-lift, jaw-thrust, oral airway measurement/insertion, nasal airway measurement/insertion and one- and two-rescuer bag-mask ventilation.
· Providers who do not hold a current ACLS, PALS, ATLS, or provider card and need to meet the moderate sedation airway training requirement. This is for recredentialing only. Initial credentialing must taking BLS and either ACLS, PALS, or ATLS.
· Classroom based
· Practice-while-watching video
· One-rescuer respiratory arrest skills evaluation
· Approximately 45 minutes
Completion Card & Contact Hours:
· Completion certificate
· No contact hours issued
· Can typically be completed at the beginning or end of a BLS course or can be scheduled stand-alone if BLS is already completed
· Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 322-0285 to schedule.