The Research Support Services (RSS) Office was created to assist investigators and study personnel with the overall study process. Since its inception in 2004, RSS has developed or assisted in the development of new programs and services aimed at facilitating clinical and translational research - see some examples listed below. Please visit StarBRITE for a comprehensive listing of resources.
- StarBRITE: accessible to Vanderbilt and Meharry employess/students anywhere internet service is available, StarBRITE is an interactive system that provides one stop shopping for research needs. Through a single portal, researchers and study personnel can identify resources, request expert consultations, obtain regulatory support, identify funding opportunities, access templates for research preparation and study conduct, obtain database development software, learn about educational requirements and opportunities, and more. Meharry investigators should contact Jared Elzey, CRA, at 615-327-5800 for instructions on how to access StarBRITE.
- Customized Action Plan: This tool is designed to guide you through the Vanderbilt clinical research approvals process. It will provide a comprehensive list of applications and links tailored for clinical research projects. The tool takes less than 10 minutes and will yield a customized action plan for your clinical study.
- IMPACTT: (Individualized Measured Performance and Collaborative Training Techniques): a quality improvement program designed to assist Investigators in human subjects research through support, consultation, and collaboration. Schedule a confidential on-site visit for a comprehensive consultation of your research program by e-mailing Research Support Services.
- Clinical Research Immersion Bootcamp: The purpose of "Boot Camp" (the introduction and orientation to clinical research) is to provide clinical research staff with fundamental clinical research information. This 7 hour session will present a roadmap of the requirements and processes necessary for the conduct of clinical research at Vanderbilt, with direction to internal and external resources.
- The Research Support Services Bookshelf: provides the opportunity to check out select research-related resources. All items may be borrowed for 30 days and items may be picked up at 2525 West End Ave, Suite 600 or delivered by courier or campus mail.
- Customized Education Sessions: trainers are available to provide individual, departmental and larger group educational sessions on topics related to the research enterprise. Request a customized in-service for your department on a subject of your choice by e-mailing Research Support Services.