Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiac Surgery
- M.D., American University of Beirut 1995
- B.S., Biology, American University of Beirut 1991
Post Graduate Training
- General Surgery, North Shore University Hospital, NYU school of Medicine, Manhasset, NY 2000
- Cardiac Surgery Research Fellow, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 2002
- Cardiac Surgery Residency, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 2005
- Cardiac Surgery Fellowship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 2006
- Molecular biology cardiac valvular diseases
- Clinical outcomes research.
- Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery.
- Off- pump coronary revascularization
- Minimally invasive coronary revascularization
- Aortic aneurysms
- Valvular endocarditis
See Dr. Absi's CV in PDF format.
Tarek S. Absi , M.D.
Department of Cardiac Surgery
1215 21st Avenue South
MCE-North Tower, Suite 5025
Nashville, TN 37212
Phone: (615) 343-6165
Fax: (615) 343-6184