Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiac Surgery
Chief of Cardiac Surgery, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- 1979-85 Physician, University of Buenos Aires Medical School, Argentina
- 1987-90 Resident, General Surgery, Finochietto Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1992-94 Fellow, Cardiac Surgery, St. Vincent Hospital & University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- 1994-96 Fellow, Cardiac Surgery, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA
- 1996-97 Advanced Fellow, Cardiac Surgery, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Board Certified by the Medical Board of Examiners in the state of Tennessee and the commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- All aspects of heart failure cardiac surgery in the adult, particularly Cardiac Transplantation, Ventricular Assist Devices, Cardiogenic Shock
- All aspects of surgery for ischemic heart disease including conventional Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Coronary Endarterectomies and Transmyocardial Laser Revascularizations.
Neurologic and neuro-cognitive protection and stroke prevention during cardiac surgery operations.
See Dr. Balaguer's CV here in PDF format.
Jorge Balaguer, M.D.
Department of Cardiac Surgery
The Vanderbilt Heart Institute
1215 21st Avenue South
MCE-North Tower, Suite 5025
Nashville, TN 37232-8802
Phone: (615) 343-9195