Official Vanderbilt University Medical Center accounts must have a clearly defined business objective that aligns with the mission and goals of the medical center. The form below will help you define your goals, how you would gauge your success, and how you would maintain an account.
Read the terms and fill out the form at bottom of page. You will then be contacted by the social media team to review your application.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Social Media Content Owner / Moderator Terms and Agreement
1. Each Content Owner/Moderator is familiar with, and agrees to comply with Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s Social Media Policies and the guidelines listed in the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Content Owner/Moderator Terms and Agreement Form.
2. To prevent stagnant conversation, social media content is refreshed at least weekly.
3. To utilize social media efficiently, all social media platforms should have a specific purpose and topics should be relevant to the mission of VUMC.
4. All comments are moderated. Comments that are obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to another person or any other person or entity are not approved. Owner/Moderator agrees to take all reasonably possible steps to prevent and eliminate non-approved comments and understand that it may be necessary to discontinue the use of the social media if such comments cannot be eliminated or prevented.
5. The following disclaimer is posted on all internal sites:
Please remember that all laws and Vanderbilt University Medical Center policies apply, including but not limited to Privacy, HIPAA, Security and Safety. We suggest that you take time to review these polices. Please consult your manager if you have questions about the appropriateness of your comment.
6. The following Tips section is posted on all internal blog sites:
A few tips:
Feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.
Please sign your comments (remember, in many cases your VUnet ID will show up automatically).
8. Any threats to harm a person or one’s self are immediately addressed by notifying the Vanderbilt Chief of Police (contact information below).
If a comment violates any law or Vanderbilt University Medical Center policy, it is forwarded to the appropriate contact from the following list:
Chief of Police
Executive Dir Risk & Insurance Mgmt
Dr. Robert Ossoff
Senior Director, Human Resources
Deputy General Counsel
Director, Informatics Security
If you see comments that require attention or service recovery, contact the social media team.