|The VPNPP employee website has a brand new look with improved user-friendly features! Click on VPNPP to check it out!
Non-Vanderbilt nurses interested in learning more about our program click here.
The Vanderbilt Professional Nursing Practice Program (VPNPP) is a performance-based career advancement program for nurses. It is supported by a comprehensive performance evaluation system that utilizes self-, peer-, and manager- evaluation to recognize and reward clinical nursing expertise in direct patient care. All direct care nurses participate in VPNPP at one of four levels
Level 1 – Novice
Level 2 – Competent
Level 3 – Proficient
Level 4 – Expert
VPNPP exists to promote, support, recognize and reward you as you grow within the role of the professional nurse as defined by internal and external practice standards, the context of the organization culture, and external environmental influences.
The goals of VPNPP are to:
1. Attract and retain clinical nurses in direct patient care
2. Position Vanderbilt to be the “Employer of Choice” in the community
3. Reward nursing performance in accordance with indicators of clinical expertise and contribution to
the team, the work area, and the organization
4. Provide opportunities for promotion for nurses in the practice of direct patient care
5. Achieve consistent nursing performance standards and pay equity across the clinical enterprise
6. Build a Performance Development System that promotes, supports, recognizes,
and rewards nurses by:
Click VPNPP* to access the employee site for further information, including VPNPP class times and forms.