|Vanderbilt Professional Nursing Practice Program (VPNPP)||Home > Professional Development|
The VPNPP employee website has a brand new look with improved user-friendly features! Click on VPNPP* to check it out! (*we're sorry but this site is for VUMC employees only: log in and password required)
Non-Vanderbilt nurses interested in learning more about our program should click here.
The goals of VPNPP are to:
1. Attract and retain clinical nurses in direct patient care
2. Position Vanderbilt to be the “Employer of Choice” in the community
3. Reward nursing performance in accordance with indicators of clinical expertise and contribution to the team, the work area, and the organization
4. Provide opportunities for promotion for nurses in the practice of direct patient care
5. Achieve consistent nursing performance standards and pay equity across the clinical enterprise
6. Build a Performance Development System that promotes, supports, recognizes, and rewards nurses by:
- Clearly defining expectation of job for each nursing job description
- Challenging the status quo for the improvement of patient care
- Accurately and objectively measuring performance
- Highlighting strengths and targeting areas for professional growth
- Noting areas of strength and areas for continued development as a pathway to the next practice level
Click VPNPP* to access the employee site for further information.