Our Factor Program
The Vanderbilt Hemostasis/Hemophilia Clinic (VHTC) and the Vanderbilt Outpatient Pharmacy have a very close relationship. We work together to offer continuity of care by providing all that a patient of the VHTC would require to meet their needs from the clinic to the home setting. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of care in an efficient, cost-effective manner. A successful Factor Program works for the patients at the Vanderbilt Hemostasis/Hemophilia Clinic by providing enhanced services.
The Vanderbilt Outpatient Pharmacy has a dedicated a clinical pharmacist to work full time with the Factor Program to provide for the needs of our patients on a very personalized basis.
A toll-free emergency hotline available 24 hours a day/7 days a week which contacts the pharmacist on call
We offer the following services:
- a full choice of factor products and supplies at low costs
- all ancillary supplies required for home infusion of factor are provided at no additional charge
- free same day delivery in the immediate area or next day delivery to all other areas -- medications/supplies can be delivered to home, workplace, or vacation sites
- provision of mail away containers for sharps
- related medications can be included in the free delivery service such as: Emla® cream, antifibrinolytics and other hemostatic agents, intranasal desmopressin (StimateTM), antiretrovirals, antibiotics for prophylaxis
- an experienced reimbursement specialist is on staff to work with billing and insurance so that our patients and their families are not burdened with these issues
- coordination of other home care services through Vanderbilt Home Care
How to Reach Us
Regular business hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Pharmacy telephone number: 615-936-1765
Toll free emergency hotline: 1-866-HEMOFIX (1-866-436-6349)
Vanderbilt Hemostasis/Hemophilia Clinic
2200 Children’s Way, 6105 DOT
Nashville, TN 37232-9830
Toll free number: 1-866-372-5663 (1-866-DR BLOOD)