Search

Contact Us | Advanced Search

The South Wing of MCN and the Werthan Building

An ambulance drives down 21st Ave. in front of Vanderbilt Hospital and Medical Center North. Browse related items

Nuclear Medicine Department

Just to the left of this addition was the entrance to the Vanderbilt Clinic, and just to the right was the entrance to the emergency room. Browse related items

The Joe and Howard Werthan Building, ca. 1970

After the completion of the West Court project in 1964, the main hospital entrance shifted to Garland Ave., and the original entrance was replaced with the Werthan Building, which was integrated into the existing Medical Center North (MCN). Browse related items

Entrance to the Round Wing, ca. 1962

The portico and the fence on the roof (to hide the unsightly air conditioners) have been gone for years, but the exterior of the Round Wing is otherwise largely unchanged from its 1962 construction. Browse related items

Tags: ,

Construction of the Northeast Wing, 1963

A crane is seen behind the trees, as construction of the new library wing is underway. Browse related items

Dean Randy Batson and Amos Christie Discuss Plans for the West Court Project, ca. 1963

Dr. Christie was chairman of the Department of Pediatrics from 1943-1968, and Randy Batson (dean 1963-1972) would become the first Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs (1971-1974). Browse related items


Copyright © 2010-2013

2209 Garland Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232