Search

Contact Us | Advanced Search

Dr. Harry L. Page, Jr. Performing the First PTCA in the Mid-South, 1979

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>

*required

Please enter the two words above.

Title: 

Dr. Harry L. Page, Jr. Performing the First PTCA in the Mid-South, 1979

Subject: 

Cardiology

Description: 

First PTCA (percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty) in the Mid-South, Nov. 6, 1979. Foreground Harry Page and George Burrus, background E.E. Anderson, John Breinig, and Bart Campbell. At the time, Dr.s Page and Campbell were at St. Thomas Hospital.

Dr. Page was a member of the VSM class of 1959, as well as a former resident and faculty member. He is one of the founders of the cardiology practice that has now become the Vanderbilt Page-Campbell Heart Institute. George R. Burrus (1955) and Edward E. Anderson (1961) are also both Vanderbilt alumni and former residents. John Breinig is a former Vanderbilt resident. Bart Campbell is professor of cardiology at Vanderbilt.

This image was first published on page 54 of Dr. Page's memoir, "One Heart at a Time." Browse related items

Date: 

Creator: 

Rand Frederiksen

Source: 

Harry L. Page, Jr.

Rights: 

Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.

Publisher: 

Harry L. Page, Jr.

Contributor: 

Harry L. Page, Jr.

Original Format: 

Digital image   

Physical Dimensions: 

NA   

People Depicted: 

Ordered left to right as they appear in the image, starting from the top left.   

Collection: 

Citation: 

Rand Frederiksen, “Dr. Harry L. Page, Jr. Performing the First PTCA in the Mid-South, 1979,” VUMC Through Time, accessed September 23, 2014, https://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/throughtime/items/show/11753.


Copyright © 2010-2013

2209 Garland Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232