Search

Contact Us | Advanced Search

Vanderbilt Medical School, 5th and Elm

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>

*required

Please enter the two words above.

Title: 

Vanderbilt Medical School, 5th and Elm

Description: 

A lithographic illustration of the Vanderbilt Medical School in 1895, used as an advertisement for Ciba's pharmaceutical product, desoxycorticosterone acetate. On the front, a printed caption stating "Vanderbilt Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee," with a handwritten legend: "5th Ave S & Elm St." On the back, a description of the origin and facilities of the building, in the hand of Dr. William H. Witt.

This building was the site of Vanderbilt's medical department from the time of its split with the University of Nashville in 1895, until it moved to the South Campus in 1911, at which point this building was used as a hospital and clinic.
 Browse related items

Date: 

Creator: 

Ciba Pharmaceuticals

Rights: 

Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.

Original Format: 

Post card   

Physical Dimensions: 

7 in. x 5.25 in.    

Collection: 

Citation: 

Ciba Pharmaceuticals, “Vanderbilt Medical School, 5th and Elm ,” VUMC Through Time, accessed October 23, 2014, https://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/throughtime/items/show/12.


Copyright © 2010-2013

2209 Garland Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232