VISRA Application Instructions
- Thank you for the interest in the Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy (VISRA)! To apply, please initiate the electronic application below. When you complete the first page, you will be given a USERID and PASSWORD that will allow you to access your application as often as you need. You will be able to edit and save your application until you are ready to submit the final version using the “Save Application” button. Once you submit the final version of your application (using the “Submit Application” button), you will no longer be able to make any changes to your application. For reference, you can view a sample of the application here.
We do not require that you submit official transcripts with your application. You will enter your academic information in the VISRA application, including the average of your overall grades and major grades using the scale that they are assigned at your home university. We will contact you directly should we need additional information regarding your academic background.
- The application will ask for references/recommenders. We require two (2) recommenders to provide letters supporting your application for the program. Once you enter each recommender's information and e-mail address and add them to your application, the recommender will receive an e-mail with instructions for how they can submit their recommendation online. This e-mail will give them a link to a short online form. From this form, the recommender will be able to upload a more detailed letter of recommendation. We strongly encourage all recommenders to use the online form. Your application cannot be considered complete until it's fully submitted and we have received 2 recommendations on your behalf.
- We will ask you to list five (5) Vanderbilt faculty scientists that you would be interested in working with during VISRA. You can find a complete list of all Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty here. We will make every effort to accommodate your choices, but we cannot guarantee that you will be able to work with the scientists you list on the application.
- Applications for 2014 Southern Hemisphere VISRA are closed. Applications for our 2015 program will open by May 2014.
- For questions regarding the application process, contact (615) 343-1518 or email@example.com.