What is it?
- The Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy has participants conduct a research project during the summer under the supervision of a Vanderbilt faculty scientist.
- The Southern Hemisphere section of VISRA was created specifically for students who cannot, because of a different academic calendar, participate in the larger “traditional summer” program.
- The Southern Hemisphere section will run from January 6, 2014 until March 1, 2014.
- Students will get to know current Vanderbilt biomedical PhD students and faculty, as well as present their research at the end of VISRA.
- Students will attend weekly mentoring sessions with Vanderbilt faculty.
- Students will have the opportunity to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE - the standardized test that most US universities require applicants to take).
- When you apply, you will be able to list up to 6 Vanderbilt Faculty that you are interested in working with for your research project. You can find a complete list of all Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty here. While we will make every effort to accommodate applicant preferences, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to work with the faculty you select on your application.