What is VISRA?
- The Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy has participants conduct a research project during the summer under the supervision of a Vanderbilt faculty scientist.
- VISRA starts on June 9, 2014 and runs until August 2, 2014. Applications for Summer 2014 will open on October 1, 2013 and must be submitted by January 15, 2014.
- Students will be able to interact socially and academically with other students, both international and domestic, who are participating in similar programs.
- Students will get to know current Vanderbilt biomedical PhD students and faculty, as well as present their research at a symposium at the end of VISRA.
- Students will attend weekly mentoring sessions with Vanderbilt faculty.
- Students will have the opportunity to attend Graduate Record Exam (GRE) preparatory seminars designed to improve acheivement on the GRE (the standardized test that most US universities require applicants to take).
- When you apply, you will be able to list up to 6 Vanderbilt Faculty that you are interested in working with for your research project. You can find a complete list of all Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty here. While we will make every effort to accommodate applicant preferences, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to work with the faculty you select on your application.
>> VISRA article in the VUMC Reporter - (9/15/11)