Digital Resources on the Center for Knowledge Management (CKM) website are highly curated authoritative data and information sources to support patient care and basic, translational, and clinical research across VUMC. In addition to providing access to a selection of licensed clinical resources, CKM has also compiled a collection of freely-available resources related to government regulations, clinical practice, and the business of health care for clinical, executive, and administrative personnel. These valuable resources, including guidelines and other documents from institutions such as U.S. and international government agencies and professional organizations, are often not easily accessible through traditional means. CKM information scientists have applied their expertise in knowledge acquisition and organization to facilitate the medical center community’s access to these resources.
Resource offerings also include information products originating from the Center for Knowledge Management. CKM maintains multiple, easily accessible web-based repositories of comprehensive evidence packets (available for reuse to the enterprise) that were created in response to complex clinical questions.
To capture the expertise, time, and effort that CKM information scientists apply to evidence provision in response to complex questions and allow for knowledge reuse across the enterprise, CKM maintains multiple web-based repositories offering ongoing access to completed evidence packets.
As part of CKM’s work evaluating a panel of sociological and behavioral measures (as per the Institute of Medicine) to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities, the team created a directory of vetted public health and community-based resources available in Nashville.
- Complex Clinical Questions Databases – CKM authored evidence-based responses to complex patient care and research questions
- Consumer Resources – selected information resources targeted specifically at patients
- Grey Literature and Freely Available Resources – open access resources selected to support the VUMC clinical and research enterprises
- Licensed Resources –subscription-based clinical and research resources. Available to the VUMC/VU community
- Research Resources -- selected resources addressing genetics, biochemistry, and bioinformatics
- Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health Database - created as part of CKM’s research into the social needs of local community health center patients, this database is a curated, vetted directory of Nashville services mapped to health determinant domains