Children's Hospital event will lead to traffic changes today and tomorrow
An event is taking place next Wednesday, Sept. 2, that will impact traffic around the hospital.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Monroe Carell Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt is inviting guests to a morning event to help celebrate the kickoff of the construction phase of the “Growing To New Heights campaign” expansion for Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. The tented block party at Children’s Way and 23rd Avenue South will be held from 10 a.m.to noon on Wednesday, Sept. 2.
A few key logistics:
• Set up on 23rd Avenue South will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 1, at 11 a.m. and Vanderbilt University Police Department (VUPD) will block all through traffic on 23rd Avenue South until Wednesday, Sept. 2 at 5 p.m.
• Vanderbilt Police Department (VUPD) will block 23rd Avenue South at Children’s Way and limit traffic onto 23rd Avenue South from Blakemore.
• There will be no changes to staff and faculty parking on Sept. 1 or 2.
• The entrance into Stallworth and first entrance (from Blakemore) into the Psychiatric Hospital will remain open.
• Both sidewalks will be open for pedestrians at all times on 23rd Avenue South.
• MCJCHV staff are strongly encouraged not to pick up/drop off in the circle in front of the hospital from 9:30 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Sept. 2.