Heart Walk is Saturday; some roads closed around campus that morning
The 2015 Greater Nashville Heart Walk will take place on Vanderbilt’s campus on Saturday, Oct. 3.
The Heart Walk is the annual fundraiser for the American Heart Association. Proceeds support public education about heart disease and fund important cardiovascular research.
The walk is three miles around the Vanderbilt campus (with a one-mile survivor route option). Activities begin at 8 a.m. with a breakfast and celebration for transplant recipients, family and friends. The walk begins at 10 a.m. Parking is available in Lot 75 (corner of Natchez Trace and Children’s Way) or the West Garage (corner of 25th Avenue and Children’s Way).
To join a Vanderbilt team, please visit http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/teamvanderbilt/.
There will be several partial, rolling street closings starting on the morning of Oct. 3 from 7 a.m. to noon. They are:
- Natchez Trace from Children’s Way to West End
- West End from Natchez Trace to 25th Avenue — one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- 25th Avenue from West End to Vanderbilt Place
- Vanderbilt Place from 25th to 24th
- 24th from Vanderbilt Place to West End
- West End from 24th to 21st—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic. There will be bagged meters on West End on the Vanderbilt side of the street.
- 21st Ave. from West End to Children’s Way—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- Children’s Way from 21st Avenue to Natchez Trace
- Children’s Way will be closed from Natchez Trace to 25th Avenue, 7 a.m.—1 p.m. (approx.)
- Natchez Trace will be closed from Children’s Way to Jess Neely, 8:45 a.m.—11:15 a.m. (approx.)
Any point in the route will take approximately 30-45 minutes to clear.