Clothes Closet needs donations of shoes, jackets, coats, other items
The VUMC Clothes Closet provides clothes to patients and families who may have lost their belongings in a tragedy or had their clothes ruined in an accident. It is operated by Hospital Guest Services, and accepts donations of shoes and clothes.
The list of needed, clean items in good condition includes:
- Men and women's T-shirts: All sizes clean and in good condition, no profanity or alcohol reference on clothing
- Men and women's shorts, yoga pants, warm up pants, sweats, jeans and khakis: All sizes clean and in good condition
- Men and women's flat dress and casual shoes, athletic shoes and flip flops in good condition and clean. All sizes
- Men's shorts or pants in 29 w, 30 w, 31 w, 33 w, 34 w. Great need for men and women's T shirts 3 x, 4 x and 5 x.
- Men's shoes, all sizes
- Coats and jackets clean and in good condition
There are also a few things the closet does not need or accept: dresses, pumps, oxford shirts, and clothing requiring dry cleaning.
Donations are accepted at guest service/information desks located on the second floor of Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt and on the first floor of Vanderbilt University Hospital. Donations may also be sent to: VUMC Guest Services, 1211 Medical Center Drive, Suite B-361, Nashville, TN 37232.
For questions or more information on the Vanderbilt Clothes Closet, call 615-294-5652.