Concur travel and expense tool to be updated for VUMC; action required for those seeking expense reimbursement
As a part of the VU/VUMC legal separation, Vanderbilt University Medical Center will have a separate instance of the Concur travel and expense tool. The VUMC Concur site will become available May 3, 2016.
All travelers and those seeking expense reimbursement in the new VUMC site must take action:
- Deadline to submit expense reports: All T&E card transactions must be submitted and approved by the appropriate ERA by April 22 at 5 p.m. For all remaining non-T&E card transactions requiring reimbursement, must be submitted and approved by the ERA by April 26 at 5 p.m. The current VU Concur site will be unavailable beginning April 26 at 5:00 pm in order to finish processing reimbursements. Expense reports not submitted by April 26 will have to wait until the new VUMC site is available on 5/3.
- Booking travel between 4/26 and 5/2: The Concur site will be unavailable during this time period, but users may call World Travel to book travel at 877-549-1570. World Travel will move any future bookings for VUMC employees booked in the existing VU site to the new VUMC site.
- Access to prior expense reports: All expense reports in the current Concur system will remain with Vanderbilt University. Previous expense reports will not be available in the VUMC instance of Concur. If you anticipate needing a copy of an expense report created prior to April 26, 2016, please print or create a PDF of it now. After legal separation, copies of previous expense reports can only be obtained by special request to VU.
- Concur User Configurations: On or after May 3, 2016, users will need to reestablish their profiles before submitting for reimbursement or booking travel. User configurations from the VU site will not transfer over into the new VUMC site.
- Profile Setup: Users will need to setup profiles in the new VUMC site. Please prepare now by printing a copy of your Concur profile so you will have frequent flyer numbers and other similar information available to input into the new system.
- Delegate Assignment: Travel and expense delegates will need to be assigned in the new VUMC site.
- Bank Account Entry and Verification: Once the new site is available May 3, 2016, users will need to enter bank account information and let it verify before any expense can be reimbursed. Please note: If you are a T & E card holder and have the guest booking privilege and WILL NOT be traveling or have any expense reimbursements, then it is not necessary to input your bank account information.
The new link for the VUMC Concur site will be provided on May 3. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.