You may have not received your Cigna card yet. Here's what to do.
As you may know, Vanderbilt University Medical Center employees will be receiving new insurance cards due to the VU/VUMC transition. The mailing of Cigna ID cards was delayed due to a snag in processing and were mailed May 3. There is no impact to benefits or access to care for you and/or your dependents. You can still go to the dentist in May, and we have included several options to provide your insurance information to your dental provider.
You can do either of the following:
- Use your Vanderbilt University existing card — your provider can call for verification of benefits prior to service and Cigna can verify that coverage is effective under the new plan.
- Print a temporary card online – Log into your account at Cigna.com and click on “Print or Request ID Cards” in the bottom menu. Then click on “Print ID Card” on the next screen.
If you have specific questions, the Employee Service Center is happy to assist, Monday through Friday:
- Phone: 615.343.7000 – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: HR Express, 2525 West End Ave., 2nd Floor, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.