Many opportunities available for flu shots; exemption requests due by Oct. 1
It is that time of year again — flu season is upon us, and flu shots are now available at the Occupational Health Clinic as well as other local pharmacies. Remember that there are several options to comply with the mandatory influenza immunization policy by the Dec. 1 deadline:
- ATTEND FLULAPALOOZA ON TUESDAY, OCT. 11, FROM 6 A.M. TO 6 P.M. Flulapalooza is a VUMC annual event providing flu vaccination to faculty, staff and students at no charge. Please wear short sleeves, have your ID badge ready and keep in mind that no food or drink is allowed in the tent.
- Visit the Occupational Health Clinic (OHC). OHC is located in Medical Arts Building, Suite 640. Services are provided free of charge and no appointment is necessary for immunizations during standard business hours. For current VUMC faculty and staff, no appointment is necessary for immunizations during standard business hours.
- Attend an Immunization Fair on campus or at Williamson County sites. See the OHC Comes to You for specific details.
- Night shift or off campus? Check the OHC Comes to You calendar for a convenient option.
- Flu vaccine received from a VUMC clinic: Click here to give OHC permission to view your medical record for the sole purpose of documenting flu vaccine compliance.
- Flu vaccine received from an outside vaccinating entity (e.g., a local drug store): Click here to upload a signed note, receipt, vaccination card or other documentation from the outside vaccinating entity stating that you received the flu vaccine at that location or fax your documentation to OHC at 615-936-0966.
To request an exemption, complete the necessary forms by clicking here. All exemption requests are due by Oct. 1.