C2HR to get security upgrades
Cyber-attacks — specifically phishing emails — continue to rise this year. Amid this heighted attention to online security, Human Resources and Information Technology (IT) are working together to give the C2HR system a security upgrade.
“We are incorporating more sophisticated features to increase protection and help reduce risks even when phishing attempts are successful,” said Sal Ortega, director, Enterprise Network Security.
IT will install the upgrades in phases, with the first group going live soon. The upgrade will be complete by Nov. 13.
Here are the updates:
- Addition of last 4 digits of your bank account and the Banking Institution name to notification for direct deposit changes (i.e., the payroll confirmation email)
- Modifications to contact information will be sent to both old and new email personal addresses along with work email
- Notifications of the change will be sent at randomized times instead of immediately following the change
- Weekly notification when a change is made to all email accounts
- Direct deposit and contact information (email and phone number) changes in C2HR delayed by 24 hours and numerous changes cannot occur during that time
Need to update your C2HR info?
Faculty and staff who wish to change their contact points can do so by following these steps:
- Log into C2HR.
- Select “Personal Profile” in the menu box.
- Select “Edit” at the bottom of the page.
- Make changes to the “Personal Contact Information” section where contact information on file is listed. Select the checkboxes for the devices/contact points on which you wish to receive AlertVU (or non-emerg) messages. You may also add additional contact points.
- Select “Next” at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, select “Confirm” to save your entries.