Vanderbilt-wide Limited Submission Opportunity: Edward Mallinckrodt Jr. Foundation's Mallinckrodt Scholar Program
Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC, collaboratively) is anticipating the opportunity to nominate two candidates for the Edward Mallinckrodt Jr Foundation Scholar Award Program for 2017. This award typically provides $400,000 over four years to support early stage investigators engaged in biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis or treatment of disease. Interested applicants should be in their fifth to eighth years of a tenure track position.
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s potential nominee must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Nov. 11.
1. Brief (2-page maximum) research plan including summary budget;
2. Brief statement of support from department chair/center director;
3. Brief CV or NIH Biosketch
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email. All applicants should verify their eligibility in advance through the foundation website.
Once received, all proposals will be forwarded to an internal review committee that will choose the final nominee. The chosen nominee will submit a full proposal to the foundation in January 2017.
If you have any questions about the Foundation or its interests and priorities, please contact one of the following:
· For VU submissions – Jessica Robinson, director, VU Foundation Relations
· For VUMC submissions – Dawn Blache, development Officer, VUMC Foundation Relations