Flulapalooza tent now up; event is Sept. 27
The big white tent between Light Hall and the Veterans Administration Medical Center is up. The floor is down and the vaccine has arrived.
Flulapalooza 7 is on track for Wednesday, Sept. 27, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for employees, volunteers and students from the Medical Center and Vanderbilt University.
Flu season in the United States can begin as early as October and last until May, according to the CDC, which recommends that everyone at least 6 months old should be vaccinated to protect themselves and those around them from the flu.
• Wear short sleeves or have sleeves rolled up
• Bring your Vanderbilt ID badge
• Stagger staff participation
• Submit exemption request by Oct. 1 using the link found on the OHC website listed above.
• Avoid bringing food and drink — it is not allowed in the tent.