VUMC Limited Submission Opportunity: 2018 WiSTEM2D Scholars Program
The Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Program is a new program that aims to fuel the development of female STEM²D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their research careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design. VUMC can recommend one applicant per each STEM²D discipline, for a total of 6 applicant submissions. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM²D fields. The award is $150,000 over three years.
- Candidate must be a non-tenured assistant female professor at the time of application.
- The female scholar should have the following minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; PhD
- Technology; PhD
- Engineering; PhD
- Math; MS, PhD
- Manufacturing; PhD
- Design; MA, MS, MDes, MArch, MLA, PhD
Internal Review Process
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s nominee must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 4:
- Brief (2 page maximum) research plan including summary budget;
- Brief statement of support from department chair/center director;
- CV or NIH Biosketch
Submissions should reference the program name and applicable STEM discipline(s) in the subject line of the email.
Visit the program website for full eligibility and application guidelines. Once selected, the candidates will submit applications to Johnson & Johnson by Oct. 30.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.