Limited Submission Opportunity: 2019 Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists - Life Sciences Category
Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center (combined) anticipate the opportunity to nominate one promising investigator with early career success in Life Sciences for the Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists. The awards honor exceptional young scientists by celebrating their extraordinary achievements, recognizing their inspiring promise, and accelerating their innovations. Awardees will receive $250,000 in unrestricted funds.
- born in or after 1977
- hold a faculty position
- conduct research as a principal investigator in Life Sciences
Guidelines for Selection:
Each nominee and their body of work will be evaluated based on the quality of their research, the impact on their respective field, the novelty of their ideas and methods, and the potential they show for future contributions to science.
Internal Application Process:
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s nominee must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19:
- Brief (2 page maximum) description of your research. Here are some recommended guidelines (See guidelines):
- Summarize up to five of your most significant scientific contributions and research accomplishments.
- Key results, their impact on your field of study, and your specific role in the described work should be included.
- Information about your positions, awards, and service activities should be excluded.
- One figure illustrating the most significant results is allowed.
- Letter of support from department chair/center director
- NIH Biosketch or Brief CV (5 page max)
This joint VU and VUMC internal selection process is only for applications in the Life Sciences Category. VU faculty interested in applying for the Chemistry or Physical Sciences & Engineering categories may do so through InfoReady.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.
The FY 2019 competition is anticipated, but the solicitation has not been released yet. Please refer to the FY 2018 solicitation until the new solicitation is posted.